Commercial Sales Representative
County Propane is seeking a motivated individual to join our sales team as a Propane Solutions Representative. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a successful sales history, with experience selling B2B through regular collaboration and networking with home builders, third-party vendors and distributors and sub-contractors to meet/exceed monthly sales goals. Knowledge of petroleum products and propane is a plus.
This position will be based in the County Propane office in Downingtown, PA. The primary responsibility of this position is to generate new customers and provide additional services to existing customers in order to achieve and maintain the Company’s commercial sales objectives.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• B2B demand generation and lead development through inquiry communication, telemarketing and ongoing relationship building to fill/maintain customer pipeline
• Achieving and maintaining sales goals, as that applies to County Propane, i.e., prioritizing new builder sales along with vendors such as HVAC providers, civil engineers, fireplace stores, etc
• Ensuring follow-up with customers throughout the entire sales process; coordinating with Technical and Customer Service staff schedules and developing ambassador relationships
• Addressing internal and external customer related issues, including special needs/requests
• Leveraging attendance at networking events for customer courtship, with ambassador participation (Home Builder meetings, Expos, Sponsorship Events, Charity causes, Municipal giving) to assist overall marketing plan, including builder and vendor outreach and coordination of onsite sales activities – which may include travel to local or national trade shows, meetings, education venues, industry conventions and events
• Maintaining sales CRM and completion of reports for interdepartmental communications and inventory control and other required paperwork thoroughly, accurately, and on time
• Working the established workweek schedule necessary to achieve the sales goals and be willing to make evening and weekend appointments as necessary to meet the customer’s needs and to network with community groups
• Ensuring compliance with national, state and local regulatory requirements
• Training, adhering to, and ensuring compliance with all Company and Departmental rules, policies, procedures and expectations, including safety rules and regulations
• Maintaining current knowledge base regarding pertinent trends and professional matters through networking and training
Sales abilities and experience required, specifically B2B sales, with demonstrated strong skills in conceptual selling and follow-through. Experience in sales, real estate or customer service is acceptable. Computer literacy at the intermediate level in windows-based applications (Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook, Social Media avenues) is required as is familiarity with contact management database system (preferably Salesforce).
Ability to operate standard office equipment is required. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required. Exceptional interpersonal skills as well as the ability and desire to consistently meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations. Flexibility and strong desire to be part of a successful team is required to meet the changing sales environment.
County Propane offers competitive compensation including benefits:
• Competitive base salary with potential to earn over $100,000 annually
• health, dental, and life insurance of which the base health plan is 100% employer paid
• paid holidays
• paid sick days
• vacation days
Minimum of two years of post-secondary education or equivalent with college degree preferred.
Certifications and Licensing
Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license is required. Personal car needed.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: Careers@CountyPropane.net or visit our location at 410 S. Brandywine Ave., Downingtown PA to complete an application